Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summertime....Summertime.....Summertime!

Fishlake 2009
I've been one lazy blogger lately. I haven't really done anything extra. I'll I've done is play with my two youngest. Swim lessons in the mornings, lunch in the park, friends over to play, reading our allotted amount to win prizes at the library, scrap booking for the very first time in 15 years, making dinners every night, laughing at my oldest, yelling at my oldest, being smothered by my oldest (he thinks I will forgive him for his insane amount of game playing if he gives me hugs and Eskimo kisses!!!!!) I even watch t.v. at night, without cutting, sorting, pasting or coloring for the next preschool day. I loved watching THE BACHERLORETTE! I hate and love that show! It is sooo rigged....just to keep fans to continue to watch. I love to watch SYTYCD!!! Summertime to me is WONDERFUL!
This was our get away....Fishlake, Utah. My family (Parents and Brothers' and families) drove from Cali and we met them there. Mom and Dad decided to entertain the children by giving them a list of jobs to accomplish while staying at the cabin. If they passed these jobs off...they received a "Halla-Buck". Mom would set up a store of fun prizes in the garage and the kids could redeem their "Halla-Bucks"! The kids loved it! Some really loved it....some really didn't love it! I thought it helped the children do things they normally don't do at Fishlake...and lessened our load of chores!
We fished, played cards, laughed, had our annual Talent Show, hiking, watched movies, ate, played a little game of t-ball even.
This year the mom's all brought a craft for the children to do! I think I loved it more!
I love Fishlake.....memories of my childhood. Now my children can have those memories too! We are waiting for more of the little ones to grow older so we all can have a grand game of KICK THE CAN~ Soon to come~!
I think the most tender memory of this trip was when we were performing our family talents. Our sweet Peter, whom had cancer, was up in front singing to the top of his lungs "SUNBEAM"!! He was even doing actions! I teared up thinking we would've lost that little guy....but he made it! And is strong and feisty as can be! Love that kid! His cancer is completely gone! Miracles never cease! (Pictured below)
A horrible thing happened...after I left. My darling mother...you know the one that bribes children to work! She fell down the stairs! Backwards, and hit her head, back and arm on a big metal crate! They took her to the hospital...everything was fine....but she really hurt herself! Poor thing! It is hard seeing your parents get hurt! OUCH!




Oh, yeah....did I tell you Hunter got his first trophy for playing T-ball for Parks and Rec! He was thrilled! Can you tell?

Promise to post more ....before my summer ends!

3 comments:

Stacia said...

That sounds like a perfect summer for you! No "work" just fun times with family! Being too busy having fun to blog is a good thing! :) Glad you posted!

tharker said...

Your trip to the lake sounds like it was so much fun. I love your mom's idea for Halla-bucks! She's a smart one...it's easy to see where you get all your great ideas!

Amy J. said...

Where are the photos of you dear? :)

That looks like so much fun! And that is awesome that it is the same cabin you went to as a kid.

That is awful about your mom!

I hear ya on the Cancer Survivor happiness feeling! Yea!!!!