Thursday, September 11, 2008

How are you fighting?

I have been busy, busy, with school starting. I do have time to reflect and think. My sister n law wrote me a recent email concerning her little son suffering through the hardships of chemo. She added this quote, and I can't get it off my mind.


The Olympic Creed
"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph, but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered, but to have fought well."


How are you fighting? I always try to think that now, instead of complaining about my trials.....How am I fighting?

My other thoughts and concerns constantly drift to Stephanie and Christian and their family during their tragedy? I don't even know this family, yet I am drawn to their family strength! I am so excited to see the media take on to this tragedy! Unfortunately, Nie and Christian are badly burned. But, the missionary outreach is amazing. People will see that Latter Day Saints fight! We will deal with what comes upon us....with the Lord at our side. Daily, I have a constant prayer in my heart that Nie, who loved being a mother, will survive! She is one of my hero's! She is fighting!

Joseph Smith once quoted "That the work (LORD'S WORK) will go forth boldly, nobly and independently...."


I need to be reminded that our work on this earth is not easy...."LET's FIGHT!!!!" It is not easy living and doing the things we do....but it is worth it! As my mother always says:


"Don't worry, Don't hurry,


Do your best and flush the rest!!!"
What a great note to end on??????

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Great post! I like that, I think I will have to start asking my self this very question! Thanks!!

Jan said...

Total inspiration.

cate create said...

You are always so insightful! I learned so much form you in Young Women's, and I always appreciate your example. I love that quote and picture of the runner. Makes me realize how good I've got it!

Heather said...

You are so wise! :)

Amy J. said...

Loved this post...I think I will post that final quote on my fridge, bathroom mirror, closet door, bedroom window....

Debie Spurgeon said...

"Flush the rest," such wise words. Why is it so difficult sometimes?

My thoughts and prayers are with all those who face challenges. It seems as though there have been many lately.

Deborama said...

Fabulous! I love seeing you in the mornings again! Oh and Jocelyn's bus comes late every day so I have plenty of time to get back. :)

tharker said...

Wise words my friend. I love your mom's motto. No wonder you carry such a positive attitude. I totally admire that about you Kristen.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Hey there! I ran into your blog! it's great to see you and your family. I am sure you are busy with preschool. I would love to get my daughter into your preschool next fall -she'll be 4 then. When is your sign-up?? Keep in touch!!

Terilyn said...

This is an amazing post. It is inspiring. I think I'm gonna put that Olympic quote on a board in vinyl.
Thanks for the pep talk. I'm ready to face the world!