Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall Events

Update on my Nephew....Peter.

He is on his second round of chemo. He has all they yucky symptoms. But, the great news is....his liver is noticeably smaller. Which means the tumor is shrinking already. Only having one round of chemo. My brother and his wife was hoping they could reduce the amount of chemo, but the doctors want to do all they can to shrink it enough before removal.

Good T.V.



Why do I love Lance Bass still? He is so cute and shy! Why does he think he is Gay?

I really have my own theory about homosexuality...! But, I won't go into that!

He is doing great! And, Lacey....is Mormon! Does she live it? Ummmmm? She is a great dancer! Fun to watch!



I love "Dancing with the Stars"! These are my favorite couples so far! Derek is also Mormon! He is sexy! Love his hair! Between these two couples........I think they could be the finalists!


A little Hunting......with Bear and Skylee! Dylan got his first pheasant. It tasted good too! I am very picky, but Shane breaded and seasoned the dickens out of those legs and I liked it!
Skylee has been difficult to train. She is very timid. We finally got her to swim! Retrievers are suppose to love water. Not her! After a little coaxing and getting in the river with her, she felt like she could do it. Good hunting dogs are sooooooo important to Shane. He works with her and gives her extra praise....so hopefully she can fill her Dad's paws one day! Bear is getting up there with age. He has been coming home sore and stiff from the recent hunts. Poor thing! I know, I talk about these dogs, like they are my kids! I love em! Everytime, I vacuum their stinkin hair, I think, "If I didn't love em so much, they would be outa here!"
Remember when she was this little....
I love Labs! They are so loyal and act almost human! Today, Skylee had snuck some human food off of the counter, and Bear came to tattle on her. He was pacing back and forth, knowing she was doing something wrong! I love em! I take my two youngest to the new pet store at least twice a month and snuggle and hold all the pets! I would love to buy the $1000 parrot to have to chat with everyday! Always wanted a parrot! Serious! But, Who in their right mind would spend $1000 on a bird?


Anywho......why am I rambling about animals?


Katlyn has had double ear infection and sinus infection this week. Finally getting better. Having to check her homework everynight. She is still struggling with school.

Hunter is finally going to school with a full tummy! He does not throw up anymore! Phew! I am glad that was short lived!

Dylan took me to his open house the other night. I was so impressed with the way he introduced me to his teachers. Dylans personality reminds me so much of my Dad and younger brother Gary. Very personable and approachable. What a great quality to have! His teachers are all awesome. Dylan loves Mr. Sapp, his history teacher. It is fun to hear Dylan come home from school each day to tell me about his great lectures in History? Where did he come from? Mr. Sapp must be a great teacher! I told all of his teachers "Thank You" for all your hard work! Teachers need to hear that! Teachers work hard! Sometimes they don't get the respect they deserve!

Shane is busy with work and WORRIED about the economy! He watches the news all the time!

I keep on suckin on my Diet Coke and work, work, work on preschool, primary and my home life!

HAPPY FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Jeni said...

Poor Katlyn! I am glad to hear about Peter and that the chemo is working! He is a cute boy!

Stacia said...

Fun update! I have been watching Dancing too. So good to hear your nephew Peter's cancer is shrinking! Miss seeing you every day.

Lucy didn't use that pink bed you gave us until recently. It's her favorite spot lay and curl up when I am in the office. I will have to take a picture of her in it!

dandee said...

Kristen, I love your posts because you fit so much information in to them! I feel like I just read your sweet family's christmas letter.

Happy fall to you, friend!

Jan said...

Thanks for the updates. I am glad the cancer is getting smaller in sweet Peter.

You have such a wonderful family. :)

tharker said...

Your little nephew is so adorable. And I am so happy to hear that the chemo is going well!

I watched DWTS one night this week. I cannot stand Lacey. I couldn't stand her on SYTYCD either though. Ummm...how amazing does Brooke Burke look after FOUR kids??? I'm sure that having a personal trainer and probably a chef helps, but seriously!!!!

Poor Katlyn, an ear infection and a sinus infection, yuck!

Yay for Hunter! No more puking is great news!

Dylan is such a gentleman. I love that he introduced you to his teachers. It's nice to see that when most teenagers are embarrassed of their parents, that he is proud of his. And he should be!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging about Peter. We appreciate all the extra prayers. He's doing so much better this week.

I love this blogging business. It took me forever to figure out how to start mine up. But now I think that I have the hang of it. You're right, we need to get the other hallen women into this.

Amy said...

I didn't know you were so into DWTS. You're such a great preschool teacher. Emily LOVES the songs you teach her and she sings them ALL THE TIME. But I have to say that the piggy one is my favorite BY FAR.

AOlson said...

You are sucha sweet person. Thanks for the update on your nephew.

I too LOVE DWTS. I'm with Tiffany, Brooke is amazing. I hate to mention, sometimes, that there are so many members on that show because Kayla always starts a discussion about why they are not dressed modestly. Kids pick up on everything don't they.

Lisa said...

Oh Ms. Kristen,

Where would we be without you? Trenton loves you, and I love you for that. We so need to talk. Easton struggles with school too. I don't know what his deal is and worse, I don't know what to do. Our boys should get together to go hunting. Steve and Easton are regulars.

Oh, by the way, you're a rock star.

Deborama said...

Very nice update, it took my mind to many different places in a short amount of time! :) Your so awesome, Avery is finally calling Ms. Jolie by name and not Ms. Stacia! :)

Haley said...

Thanks for the update on your nephew. We've been keeping track of him and Kami's girl who I'm sure you know has lukimia.
It sure makes us count our blessings.
So you have the busiest blog I've EVER seen! So I'm pullin' out the big guns (you) and was wondering if you could send them all to my virtual book tour. It started today and here is the first review
http://queenoftheclan.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-tour-future-for-tomorrow-by-haley.html
If they could leave a comment and send their blog friends that would be great! Thanks for your constant love and support!

Amy J. said...

Your nephew...what a doll. I am so glad to hear that all is going well. Anderson can hardly wait for deer season to open up and neither can I since my freezer is still empty! I love your updates! Your family is awesome.

polka dots said...

Your blog is so fun to read. I need to tune in to dancing with the stars and I second your thoughts on your boy Dylan. He is top notch!

cate create said...

I think about Peter all the time and hope he is doing well.

Dave was telling me how impressed he is with Dylan in young mens. You've done good Kristen!