Monday, October 13, 2008

Ever felt "Blog-stipated"?

I know.....sick way to explain the reason why I haven't blogged lately! I have wanted to blog...thoughts and ideas stuffed in my brain....yearning to wander to the screen....but can't find the way out to express them and time to type them! So...I have found the right remedy for this "blogstipation".....I threw frozen french fries and chicken nuggets in the oven for 25 min. and ran to the computer! AHHHHH! Relief!

I loved conference!
Sister Daltons talk "A Return to Virtue"was one of my favorites!
Loved this quote!“In the strength of the Lord, I can do (hard) things.”
Virtue is a prerequisite to entering the Lord’s holy temples and to receiving the Spirit’s guidance. Virtue “is a pattern of thought and behavior based on high moral standards.”6 It encompasses chastity and moral purity. Virtue begins in the heart and in the mind. It is nurtured in the home. It is the accumulation of thousands of small decisions and actions. Virtue is a word we don’t hear often in today’s society, but the Latin root word virtus means strength. Virtuous women and men possess a quiet dignity and inner strength. They are confident because they are worthy to receive and be guided by the Holy Ghost. President Monson has counseled: “You be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone. Have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow. There is no friendship more valuable than your own clear conscience, your own moral cleanliness—and what a glorious feeling it is to know that you stand in your appointed place clean and with the confidence that you are worthy to do so.”7

This helped me...geared me up to remember to be virtous...have inner strength....and do HARD things! I think I am going to have that plastered on my wall. "I can do hard things".
a href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cV18SjqlWYY/SPPz-hCreVI/AAAAAAAAA2w/ntxlB_cfM0w/s1600-h/monson.jpg">
I love President Monson! He is a special man. I have met him several times in person. He spoke at both of my grandparents funerals. He is a tall man, large with stature. He is filled with the Spirit! While I served my mission, my mission president kept on refering to his cousin "Tommy", whom was Pres. Monson. I heard lots of fun stories about ol Tommy! When my mission president (John R. Condie) passed away....Good ol Tommy came to deliver yet another spiritual message! He loves the Gospel!

I finally finished a painting job that I wanted to accomplish this summer! My two boys went hunting.......and it was an opportunity to PAINT! Good feeling to get that done!
The LUCKY HUNT

Dylan and Shane both got a deer! They went out Saturday morning and within a couple hours saw a doe. Dylan shot her. Then a couple hours after that, Shane shot a buck. They were lucky and both were very excited! The hard part was dragging those beasts to the truck! They wrapped a rope around their waists and attached the deer and dragged! Shane told Dylan to go back to the truck and get more Gatorade! That was a mile away! Dylan thought to himself, "I am going to drive the truck back to Dad!" So here is this 13 year old starting up this truck and driving a mile through the field! When Shane saw him, he has never been so happy! I never thought Dylan would be such a dare devil! I guess this summer his uncle Travis taught him how to drive! As long as he doesn't do it on the city streets!
So.....Shane has spent the last two days cutting up the meat! He does it out in the garage, away from me! He has a nice cutting board and very sterile envirorment! What a hunter! We had some of it tonight....I have to admit, it tasted good! Nothing I would gorge on....but edible!

So, I keep going.........I am having a hard time balancing my live? Any ideas? I want to do everything , but don't have enough time!

11 comments:

Amy said...

That is a very good thing to remember that God is in control, that He is much stronger than we are, and He will help us do hard things.

How neat how many experiences you have had with President Monson!

So Dylan and Shane killed Bambi AND his mom? j/k!

dandee said...

Confrence was really amazing.

Both your boys got deers! That's pretty lucky for your family. I'm sure your freezer is going to be stocked now!

AOlson said...

I have always thought you were such an amazing woman who had it all together, and I still do. You are an amazing daughter of God. I have seen you do hard things that I coudn't do.

How awesome to have stories of the prophet that you can tell your kids!!

Lucky for your boys!! My boys got NOTHING! They were kinda bummed out, buit they had a really good time!!

Heather said...

Balance.... what's that? The best advice, for me, is to put the BIG important eternal things first. The rest all falls into place, or falls out of the picture. Good luck!

tharker said...

I too LOVED Sister Dalton's talk. There were so many great talks, it's hard to choose just one isn't it?

Did you watch the special on BYUTV about President Monson? I learned a lot of things about him that I didn't know. What a wonderful man he is. Truly a prophet of God.

As for feeling overwhelmed, what's that quote from your mom? Something about not worrying and flushing the rest down the toilet....did I just totally butchet it???? Sorry ;) But you know what I mean!

tharker said...

I mean butcher it...

Debie Spurgeon said...

Yeh for Dylan. I think I'd be thrilled that he thought to bring the truck to the deer. Very smart thinking if you ask me.

Conference was such a treat. I need to read to remember though.

Deborama said...

Eric just came in and said WHAT is THAT! He is very impressed with the deer! I love conference, thats exciting you have met the Prophet! Your famous!

Nola said...

I loved the hunting story! What a smart kid, Dylan. Only 13 and driving across fields. That's great. I told the story to John and Meagan. They were both quite impressed. Andrew wants to go hunting with your men when he gets older, he says. I hope that can happen for him one day.

You asked for ideas on how to balance your life. Just picture one of those cute olympic gymnast on the 4 inch balancing beam. They always have a leg or arm counter weighing what move their making on the beam. They're so graceful. Not me. I have yet to figure out how to balance life. But one thing that makes a difference for me is Enjoying life. What ever you choose to do enjoy it! Washing the dishes, sewing, helping out in a childs class, taking care of your sick child and being in doors all day....enjoy the moment. Enjoy the life you've been given. You already do that.

Anonymous said...

Real cute blog! Have you read all the Twilight books yet?!?!? Have you seen the new Twilight Trailer? OMGOSH!!!! IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! HERE'S THE LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNW5A0HfzDM
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Love ya, megs

Amy J. said...

Balance...what's that? Just when you think you've got it you remember something else that needs to be done! I too loved conference and I loved that my guys got deer too! Yay for us!