Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to the World~Harrison Hallen James

Laura and Rob
(the only picture I have of them)
The proud parents!

9lbs 2 ounces 21inches long

It is fun watching my little sister (Whom is 11 years younger) become a mom.


I remember when she was born. I had two brothers and desperately wanted a sister. I was Laura's' second "mommy". I carried her around proudly, wishing she was my own. I was one of those girls who always got a baby doll for Christmas, cause I loved playing house. In 1981, I had a real baby to play with.
I gave her plenty of nicknames. I have a found memory of when she was four and got into my makeup and spread it all over my bedspread! But, how can you get mad at such a cute face.
She was with me when I got into a car accident, minor fender bender. She was my little buddy. She was there watching me get dressed for the stake dances. She was there when I graduated from High School.
Then.....I left to college, mission and marriage. It was sad to miss her teenage years.
She and I loved it when she would stay a week with Shane, Baby Dylan and I. She still was my little buddy then.
Now, she is a mama. I am in awe with her strength and love for her new baby. My baby grew to a mother. I love her, miss her and very proud of her.

11 comments:

Heather said...

He's so cute! I love the mental images of your baby doll baby sister.

Amy said...

What a sweet, sweet post! How exciting to have a new little babe in the family!

Amy said...

What a cute baby!!!
Your sister and I are the same age. I was born in 1981, too.

Nola said...

This is the first picture I've seen of Harrison. What a cutie! I can see Rob in him. Grandma tells me how sweet and calm he is. And when he crys, Laura just talks to him and he quiets right down. What a great little mommy. Hope to see and hold him soon. Send more pictures if you have some.

I love your stories of Laura. How we adore her.

Terilyn said...

Such a cute baby. I bet your sister thought she had the best sister EVER! You're awesome! Congrats on being an Antie again!

PRP said...

Congrats! He looks adorable and I love his name.

Jeni said...

Congrats Auntie! He is a cutie!

tharker said...

He is such a beautiful baby! Congrats to your family!!

I too love the memories about your baby sister. I should have Hannah read this...maybe there is hope for her to get that sister someday after all ;)

Amy J. said...

I love that you turned a "new baby" post into such a cool tribute to your childhood with your sister!

Deborama said...

Your so sweet, big sisters rock!

Swirly Scarves by Gladys said...

Kristin, how fun to get your comment on my blog and then to find your blog and see Laura's new little baby! Thanks for taking time to post a comment and connect me to you again. You are so sweet. If Laura has a blog I would love to connect with her too. Thanks! gladys