Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Have I told you what I want to sound like when I'm Resurrected?

Sometimes I feel like I didn't pick the right slip of paper from the talent jar.....when I lived in Heaven.
I picked a few other talents.....but not the one I wished for. I have always wanted to sing! To the top of my lungs....but in tune and desirable to listen to.
The other night....I was in one of those moods. I was in the kitchen doing the dishes...like I normally do. And the rest of the family were sitting in the room next to me, playing, no other than, PS3.
I started to sing to the top of my lungs.....this song....and many others....very LOUD and out of TUNE! At first my family listened....then they began to smirk, twisting their head to the side, as if they had an ear ache! WHAT! It did'nt sound beautiful? It did'nt sound as I thought I had heard it? I giggled inside....and continued singing~
Oh, how I wish I could sing like Jennifer Hudson, Julie Andrews....the list goes on.....

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ohhh, I completely understand. And I sometimes do the same thing (belting out loudly and out of tune) luckily my kids aren't old enough yet to know how horrible I sound! Singing has always seemed so cathartic to me (singing well that is). Spencer seems like he's on tune, so I'm hoping that my mom's musically talented family genes will show up in him, since they skipped me!

Jeni said...

I have the same wish too! I would love to sing and not be embarrased or worried with how bad I sound!

AOlson said...

I wasn't in the line for singing talent either, but when I am alone, I belt it out loud as loud as I can. I so wish I could sing!!

Stacia said...

I wish I sang well too! Always wished I had those kinds of talents too, not the less observed ones! :)

I love to sing in the car. No one around and as loud as I like.

Brook said...

"Sing, sing a song. Sing out loud sing out long... Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear, just sing, sing a song." -Karen Carpenter
I think there is something about singing that is therapeutic, but I have the same wish about dancing, I'll turn on some good beat music and I can't help myself and my little kids just stare and think there mom has lost it, Porter even started to cry the last time I was dancing around.
Sing On!!

Heather said...

Awesome! I'll totally listen to your concert...

tharker said...

When Josh was little, I would sing to him while helping him get dressed. He asked me to stop one time because he said it hurt his ears. I don't have a great voice, but I too LOVE to sing. Sing on, girlfriend!!

Nola said...

At least you know all the words to the songs. That counts! I'd love to see you try out for American Idol.

Haley said...

I didn't realize how behind I was on your blog so today I spent the time to catch up and now I have comments about everything! I will probably forget them all but here I go:
I LOVED seeing your guy's Christmas pictures. I wish we were closer so we could see each other on the holidays.
I am soooo proud of Katlyn and Dylan for playing in their recital and for having their piece's memorized!! I could never get all my students to do that.
I wish I could have been there to hear them.
I LOVE Hunter's birthday cake! I had to call Trevan in to show him and he kept saying "wow, how did they do that?!"
I'm also excited about idol so it will be fun to check in on your idol chat. I really like the guy with glasses, his wife died... I think his name is Danny????
Oh- I've loved chatting with you on face book, what a neat invention. I too have chatted with people I haven't for 10 years, back from High School.

Deborama said...

WHAT there is a talent jar! Im going back!