Saturday, March 28, 2009

Life is too short.....

Love this picture....

Can you believe it? I am not posting about my boy....Adam. I do have to say...loved how he looked, all clean cut and all. But, please, I do hope he goes crazy next week, cause, I love the "wild" side of him the most!

I have been pondering......alot.

Life is too short.

I have been feeling like I need to focus on my family.....more.

Preschool, primary are always my main drive in life. I put my energy 24/7 in my job. And, I always plan on doing that.

But....my kids are growing too fast,

my husband has been complaining more than usual,

and I have been lacking the most important stuff...self pondering, filling my bucket.

This is a very hard thing for me to do. BALANCE!!!!

Last night, I took my girl out on the town. We went to her favorite resturant(Taco Bell?), and went to the Craft Fair and then ofcourse, we drooled at Petland. She is my middle child, doesn't demand alot of attention. The boys always steal it from her. My Boys are very loud and demanding. She is reserved and sits back. Last night was her stage. I asked her minute by minute of her daily advents. We talked about her friends, crafts, clothes, her next hair style, her eye appointment and her struggles. She had a smile on her face. That is what made my night! I need to do that more often. I NEED TO! She is my girl. She is my offspring. I am her mother. I am suppose to love her and teach her. That is what Heavenly Father wants me to do.

My thought is continually this...."Life is too short....don't forget your most important job, mother and wife."

So....then the question goes back to balance?

I am trying to figure that out. Give me time. I am almost forty. Maybe, by the time I am sixty, I will figure it out. As for now, I will focus on the good stuff.

Happy Spring Break......

9 comments:

Amy J. said...

I love mommy daughter nights. They don't seem to happen enough over here either. Sydney loves Daddy daughter dates even more I think :) Your kids are growing up so fast! High school next year...are you kidding me!? He was just me Cub Scout like yesturday!

::lindsay said...

I love mommy/daughter nights too. I'm glad you were able to have a great time. It is so hard sometimes to find the right balance, but it seems like you do a great job at it. You've got yourself a terrific family.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! I struggle with the balance also, but am constantly prompted to put my family first. Everything else is small compared to the responsibility of motherhood. There are days I fail miserably, but then get to start over again. You are a great mom and a friend and a Primary President. Love You!

Kati

Heather said...

Balance is always on my mind too. Hearing the the prompting and deciding to listen is the biggest step. Good job.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I bet she loved your night out together, girls nights out are the best.

Amy said...

You are such a good mom! I can totally relate to how she feels: I am also the middle child, and I was the good kid, so I rarely got any attention, always being overshadowed by my oldest sister and my 4 brothers that demanded all of my mom's attention. But I still remember the few times it was just my mom and me and it meant the world to me. I never thought any less of her either, and I'm sure Katelin knows you love her just as much as the boys.

p.s. I am right there with you on Adam!

tharker said...

Just picturing that sweet smile on Katlyn's face the whole evening really melts my heart! I love that girl. She is so sweet and quiet and just a GOOD girl. She's lucky to have you as her mother. Good job taking the time to nurture your relationship.

Thank you for the reminder. I need to work on balance in my life too.

Stacia said...

Feels good to know what you are doing is your true purpose! Thanks for sharing!

Andre said...

Balance is hard. I find myself pushing my girls away sometimes so I can do what I want. I've tried to put down the book and play with my girls. I look at Dakotah and wish she could stay innocent forever. My favorite thing to do now is to stare at my kids. They are so beautiful.

I think you are a great mother. Your kids are happy and healthy. I know there is more to it than that but that is a good sign.