Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh, What do you do in the summer time, when all the world is June?

DISCLAIMER: JOURNAL ENTRY!!! VERY LONG!
Katlyns' new haircut! Cute!

A lot happens in June at our house! Summer begins!
WE love:
rubber flipflops
mowing lawns
swim lessons
sun burns
friends
trimming our 25 rose bushes
swimming in our 12ftX3ft pool
frequent local parks
summer reading
summer chores(08 chore: painting the fence, painting a few rooms)
boys get a buzz
camping
trips to Utah
BBQ's
Dylan's birthday! Welcome to teenagehood!! Big 13! June 20th, 1995

Dear Dylan,
I love you, my Dylan! Sometime I wonder where you came from? You are too good! You remind me of a good mix of my Dad, my brother Gary and ofcourse, your Dad! You have always had an old soul! You are so kind and considerate to others! You are a great student! YOu are a great leader! I love how you stand tall and won't back down! YOu love your siblings....even though you pick on them....but thats' what a big brother is suppose to do! YOu are very responsible! I have really never had to doubt you! People ask what I have done.......nothing? YOu came that way? YOu take good care of me....you can read me! I love it when you hug me, pinch my chubby arms and give me Eskimo kisses! You stand taller than me now.....where has time gone? I remember when you were born...all you wanted to do was eat every two hours! You were a pig! Big baby, 8lbs 7 ounces! Good baby though! I just had very sore "fluffs"! Ouchhh! You grew into a sweet little dude! Always had to have your blankie and baba! That blankie was silky like my undies. You rubbed it to shreds! You always had to have a ball cap on too! YOu loved Daddy and uncles! You loved to go to Grandpa's farm! I remember when Grandma Rose said "he is all boy!" When we moved to Spokane you were three and wore your Spiderman suit every day and night until it rotted off of you! YOu always played superheros of some sort! A funny thing about you.....When you got nervous you threw up! I remember the first day of kindergarten......couldn't eat breakfast...but I taught you the breathing trick! Didn't you just get over the throwing up thing just last year! Thank goodness there were trash cans at middle school! Just kidding! Now, you hold the priesthood....what an honor! I am proud of you! Stay strong and worthy!
I love you, my Dylan....I am so glad you are mine! I am the lucky one! Happy Birthday!
Love, Mom
My moms' birthday! June 23rd, 19.. and
Mom and Dad were married June 25th, 1965 SLC Temple

Dear Mom,
You are almost done with your mission! You can do it! I know this is wearing you and Dad out...but the Lord will bless you, for building up His kingdom! I am so proud of you! You have been great on this mission! Everytime I call the mission office you sound so professional! You have been a great representative for His church!
You know why I gave Katlyn her name? Because I remember when I was a child and I asked if you had a nickname as a child? You told me your Dad called you "Katie"! I loved that name and wanted to name my girl,"Katie"!!! The great thing about naming her Katlyn...her nickname is "Katie"....and the amazing thing is she looks and acts like you! I can't be close to you....but I can have a reminder everyday.
I love you and hope that my Katie will be like you. You are a strong woman. In everything you do and say. Your mother did a great job at teaching you how to live in the crazy world we live in. You taught me that too. Katie and I share the same looking hands. You and I share the same looking hands. You and your mother share the same looking hands. We all can look at our hands and know that we all have someone that cares for each other....US! And, we can all hope that our hands are doing good!
I Love you Mom!
Love, Kris
Our anniversary....June 24th, 1994 SLC Temple
Dear Shane,
Ahhhh, what a life, I have had with you! I found my true love! And that is you!! I am glad we have made it these last 14 years! It has been wonderful! You know, marriage is what you make of it! We have had our differences....except, no one has ever had a black eye, slept on the couch, or left to mom's!!! We have ironed out our differences and have made it through 14 years of triumphs and tears! In fact, I am proud of us for doing it by ourselves! It helps, when we honor our covenants and you honor your priesthood! We both went to college, you got your own job and we bought our own house! We have never lived by family! Couldn't rely on Grandma or Grandpa! We have done it all....with each other! We have had great ward families and friends that have shared our 14 years of memories! Recently you have reminded me what a great cook you are! Sometimes you cook more than me in a week! I will let you, too! Thanks honey.....I still don't cook the rice all the way through! You are so patient with me, while I am always helping others and working! We have created three wonderful children! You are a great father! You teach these kids great skills of life! I couldn't have asked for more! I look forward to lots more years together of love and laughter and tears! You are still my tall,dark,handsome cowboy from Scipio! I love you! Let's meet in Montana sometime soon!
Love, Tritan



16 comments:

AOlson said...

This was a really great post Kristen. Your June is busy!! July is just around the corner!!! Just wanted to tell you how super I think you are. Thanks for all you do!! My kids love you!!

meohmyers said...

Awwwww!!! Look at you two in your younger years! So cute! Dylan looks just like Shane! Great post, Kristen. You've got lots to keep you happy in June!

Debie Spurgeon said...

You have shared your whole heart in this post. It was a pleasure to read. I love all your pictures and I really admire the relationship you have with your parents.
You've got fantastic children. Have a great June.

::lindsay said...

I, too, loved reading your letters to your loved ones. I hope you have a wonderful June. It sure sounds like you will!

Jan said...

That was a very touching post Kristen. I love how you love. Your so awesome in that gift.

Jan said...

And you are so stinkin hot woman.

tharker said...

I seriously just got goosebumps from these letters to your family!

Dylan is such a great kid...oh wait...TEENAGER! Happy Birthday Dylan!!

Your mom is obviously a great woman and a great example because looked how you turned out!

Happy Anniversary to you and Shane! I too love the engagement picture. Especially Shane's hat!

Jessica said...

Wow, what a busy month you have! I love the letters, so sweet. Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Stacia said...

Aren't you glad school is out in June and not July!? You have enough celebrations to keep you busy!

Sweet letters to everyone! I am coming over very soon to drop off the DVD's.

Heather said...

Those were great letters! You are one of a kind. Love that picture of you and Shane.

P.S. Tell Shane he's on my list (Jer told me that after eating Shane's eggs Kaden announced to everyone at Father & Sons "These are better than my moms!")

Haley said...

I sent Dylan an e-card to your clearwire e-mail, so if you could make sure he gets it that would be great. I meant to call then the day got away from me.
Happy Birthday to my Dylan-bug!!

Amy J. said...

Dylan can NOT be 13! He is still my 8 year old cub scout! Uhh Kristen I really need to talk to you about your mothering skills...your boys get a buzz, what are you teaching them over there?!

Terilyn said...

Man, I thought my summer was busy! June for you makes the whole summer! Congrats on your anniversary! Dylan, Happy Birthday! And Katlyn - your hair is so cute!

You are an awesomely upbeat person and I love ya for it!

Ms. Kristen said...

Yeah.....bear and whiskey! Amy....come on!

Megan said...

Love the pic of you and shane. too cute! hope all your summer dreams come true.

Anonymous said...

Telefonsex Zugang

Sex zum Festpreis Blog

amateurs sex