Sunday, June 8, 2008

After Graduation.....more time to blog and reflect!





Graduation went great! Karen mentioned all the details! Food was out of this world, cakes so cute, kids looked darling in thier hats, songs went great, kids did the decorations and colored the programs! Everything went smoothly...expect too crowded! I am glad everyone came....I just need to find a place big enough for next year! I was told by a past Bishop that I could not have non-affillated functions held in the church? After going to my best friends preschool graduation...(she held hers' in the gym at the church)with all that space. I'm thinking, I will just plan on having mine there next year! Does anyone have any information regarding that specfic rule?
The children did an excellant job on their songs! They had musical instruments with one of them...they didn't chuck them across the room or rattle them to much.... and it went so well!
I will miss these sweet children! I had to swallow hard to hold back the tears! They are all so smart and ready to move on! I am very proud of them! Not only did they learn the basic academics...they learned how to behave in a classroom setting!
This is the first song they sang:(cute lyrics)
"Welcome, welcome everyone
to our celebration!
We are proud of this day for it's our graduation!
Friends and family here us roar,
for our work is done!
Next year we will all go off
to Kindergarten!!!!"
Second song was "Zoo Phonics" and Third song was "Smile"



This is the person I am going to miss the most!
MS. Stacia!! She is a remarkable person! I have never met someone that can come up with a solution to any problem! She is very creative and organized! I loved it when she would surprise me and organize one of my drawers or shelves!(That is not my talent...I throw things in drawers)We worked together every weekday and got to know each other very well! I think she could read my mind most of the time! We could just look at each other and know what we were thinking....especially when some child would say something funny or when they had a freak out! We handled the children pretty well! She was always there when I needed her advice and opinion! I am still gonna call her all the time!
She loved the kids so much! They will miss her! I will miss her! I told her she is still coming once in awhile to check up on me to organize my drawers...etc! Her and Kelly had an amazing way of wording things and putting forms together! They made a slide show for the graduation! It was like frosting on the cake! So fitting for the end of the year! I have watched it ten times already! I'm gonna have to hire Kelly and Stacia every year to make me one of those!
"Ms. Stacia you putty!!"
I wish you the best in this venture that you are starting again! Remember to conitue to be patient....Have hope....know that Heavenly Father loves you and knows what you are feeling! I will keep on praying for you and your body to function properly! Rest, relax and think baby makin' thoughts! You wish it could be that easy! I love you and I apprieciate everything that you have taught me! It was a priviledge to get to know you even more this past year! I know you are going to have withdrawls from all for the silly preschool songs and my gorgeous loud singing! Come over and join us some mornings! Love you! Stay in touch!
Love , Ms. Kristen

8 comments:

tharker said...

I still can't believe how many people you guys were able to get into Karen's house! It looks like it all turned out great.

As for the church, I don't know the official rule, but I know that Andrea H. has her piano recitals there every year. That would be a great place to do it. Definitely plenty of room!

Stacia is wonderful. I'm sad that she won't be there to see Jake everyday next fall. I hope that she will pop in too so that he can get to know Ms. Stacia!

Amy J. said...

If that were the rule than how could you have receptions held there? Celebration time for you it's summer!

Debie Spurgeon said...

What an amazing year you have had with those sweet kids and Stacia.

The graduation party looks like a great end to the year. Great Job Kristen.

(Brent's family have their Christmas dinner every year in the gym at the church.)

Jan said...

You just plain rock.

Deborama said...

Thank you for a wonderful year! Jocelyn cried and cried that night saying she couldn't sleep because she is going to miss her teachers. I told her she can come visit you next year when Avery is there and that made her feel much better! :) She sits at the table and writes and writes and writes! Its fabulous! :)

Terilyn said...

YOU are awesome! You are so great with God's children (the younger and the older), you're my hero! You've done a great job, that's why it hurts so much when they leave!

Stacia said...

Aww, thanks for the shout out. It was a night to remember. I can NOT though remember the last time I had such a HARD time leaving a job. Every night since graduation I have not been able to go to sleep, for a long time! It is just so weird to have it be over! :(

The video was so therapeutic to make! I am glad we were able to spend the year together and learn about each other and ourselves. And one of these days I will bring my baby to SHOW and TELL! :)

Ms. Kristen said...

The best show and tell ever!