Thursday, May 29, 2008

End of the year thoughts......



I have been thinking a lot lately about my preschool this past year! Whenever I finish something, I always look back and take stock.....what went well, what do I need to change?...Every person does this! Right!?

Today I started to get emotional...because of this experience....

I was teaching a child how to pump on the swing! This little guy has been scared to death all year with the whole motion thing on the swing!! His eyes and heart just race even if I push him a little! He was still trying to figure it all out! But once in awhile he will quietly slide on the swing for another trial! This wasn't his first time to get on the swing... But, "snap".....today he got it! He figured out the whole back and forth thing, pumping his legs etc! His little "light" turned on and he just got it! He wasn't going full force.....but he figured out the rhythm of it all!

That is all worth it to me! Seeing a child accomplish something...and their sweet face just beams! I have seen it so many times.....these last two years! When something finally clicks in their little brains.....it is a wonderful thing to witness! That is why I love my job!

As I was in the temple today...I walked past a painting of Christ and children surrounding Him. I got a grin and glimpse of pure joy....understanding the joy Christ must feel around His sweet children! I am truly blessed to have the privilege to have a hand in some children's' growth!

I have felt picked on, because I can't physically have anymore children...but I then refer to being surrounded by my three children! And....there is nothing like all the other inquisitive 3,4 and 5 year old that surround me!

Can't wait for my sweet 23 preschool children to head off to Kindergarten this coming fall! They are ready and willing! All so smart! I will miss them!

9 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

This is so awesome, what lucky kids to have had you to teach and guide them. I can tell you have a lot of love for your students.
Just think of all those little new ones you'll have next year to teach.

Amy J. said...

Everyone that has children attending your school speaks very highly of you and the experience their child is having. You are a good teacher and a great mom!

Jan said...

I think you are a treasure. Anyone that has had the honor of attending your school, is on their way to alot of good things this life holds. I think your awesome.

::lindsay said...

What a neat experience. I'm sure it is so gratifying knowing that these kids learn all sorts of lessons from you every day. You are a great teacher!

tharker said...

I am so happy that teaching these sweet children has helped fill that little hole in your heart from not having any more of your own.

You are a WONDERFUL teacher, and I can't wait for Jake to have his turn to sit at your feet this fall!

PRP said...

You are fantastic! Hannah has loved every second and Sienna can't wait to follow suit. The fact that you're sad about it ending just solidifies what a wonderful influence you are to those children.

Ms. Kristen said...

Kristen, I dont always have time to read your blog, but this is a great entry! I am a very lucky man to have you as my wife and my kids are very blessed to have you as their mom! Keep up the great work. Love Shane

Deborama said...

Jocelyn loves you and says she can't wait for kinder but will miss you and Ms. Stacia. She is glad Avery gets to go see you next year and can keep her updated on preschool life! :)

polka dots said...

I love how you LOVE other people's kids just like they are your own. You are one neat person with a big heart.