Monday, May 12, 2008

Note**See Below Posts** SCIPIO, UTAH!!!!! A WONDERFUL PLACE!






Many of you are asking, where is Scipio? I thought that same thing about 15 years ago! Yeah, I actually married a small town boy! Scipio is located off of the I15, inbetween Provo and Fillmore!
You gotta love the place! There are homes still standing that are over 100 years old! IT is a town of about 250+. It has a chapel and a neighborhood park, a little store, a couple of gas stations, and a Super 8! But, the best thing about Scipio, is the people! They are all down to earth, humble people! They love the land that they work on and they have a deep gratitude for the progenitors that found "Circle Valley" many years ago! You always feel at home when you are there! Everyone waves to you! Everyone knows you! I let my kids just run free there! This is a great place to raise children! They learn how to work hard! Fixing fence, moving pipe, lifting hay, moving cattle, feeding animals, planting crops etc. etc. The work never ends....and it makes a better person out of ya! I love that my husband was raised that way and my children can get a glimpse of that kinda life style!
The Round UP!!
Once a year, my father'n'law and all of his sons and nephews and uncles gather together out "North"(cabin and corrals)and gather all the calves in one corrall and brands them, gives them their shots, ear tags them, and other cowboy stuff(rocky mountain oysters anyone?) So...we(women and children) bring some of their meals to them! The children have a blast! They ride horses and play in the dirt and build forts and just be wanna' be cowboys! We always look forward to it and seem to add in a few extra activities....baby blessing and family photo!
I love the family that I married into! They have accepted me and love me!
My kids do have the best of both worlds!

10 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic trip. I did a double take at that picture at Disneyland...I was just looking at the exact same shot taken of Amy's kids in the "dog pound" yesterday. Too funny.

tharker said...

I love the picture of Dylan wrestling the calf. It really is so great that your kids have access to this life. And I love that the women folk still bring out grub to the men folk while they're workin' hard!

Loved all the pictures of Disneyland with your brother's family. I also think it's awesome that he delivered their baby!

Amy J. said...

That baby is huge! How much did he weigh?! I love trips that have so much to offer, I am envious of all those amazing experiences your kids are having...who needs to watch a dog give birth, just go to Scpipio? (Is that what it's called?)

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love that you can let your kids run free in Scipio. What amazing memories for your kids.

Jan said...

YeeHaww... That is fantastic. You are so lucky to have that in your families life. They get to experience a taste of the true western adventures. Love it.

We had a ranch near the Canadian border. We would round up the cows once a year and bring them down to calve. Oh the memories. We stayed in a old homestead for years. Huge log cabin. I miss those days but they are some of my fondest memories. Your kids will never forget these times Kristen.

Haley said...

Hey Kristen, Where did you get the photos of the boys working the calves? I still don't have any from this year and wanted some to add to my blog. Could you send me some? I have a bunch of fun pics of your kids on the horses but I'm having some computer problems. As soon as I get it working I will send them to you. It was great seeing you all! Love ya!

Jessica said...

Your trip sounds like it was so much fun! I love all the pictures, your kids will never forget it!

AOlson said...

Growing up in a small town is priceless!! The experiences you'll have there are beyond words. Glad you are back and that you had such a great time.

Marilyn said...

I remember driving past some Scipio signs on our trip in March. It sounds like a great place to raise kids, a little like good ol' Burbank!

::lindsay said...

Okay, Kristen, your whole trip looked like so much fun! I LOVE Disneyland so much. I'm glad you showed us pictures of Scipio and that your kids can have these great experiences.