Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ms. Molly!!!!

To my twin sister........ spilt from birth.......

Happy Birthday 26 year old lady(give or take!)

Molly and I met in 1995 while we were in the same ward in Logan Utah. She was needing a blessing because the doctors needed to deliver Sarah early, due to high blood pressure! We lived down the street and she asked Shane to help. Our first encounter! I remember delivering these really dry pink cupcakes! Little did I know she was a top notch cook!

About 6 months earlier, I was having a hard time adjusting to young married life....not having a girlfriend to hang out with! I worked during the day and Shane went to school during the day and worked at night. I was alone and pregnant......needing someone to chat with! So, I fervently prayed to find a special friend.

My prayer was answered! Seriously! I was really praying hard! I had met her.....Molly Harker Collins! We had a lot in common, new babies, craftiness etc. We just clicked! It felt like I knew her for a long time! We spent time together thinking of ways to make money! IT is just in our blood! We found that smothering paint onto cutout pinewood Christmas decorations would benefit to that money making! We had a booth in the mall craft store and also put our creations in the big Logan Novemberfest craft fair! I think we made enough money for a few Christmas presents or pieces of furniture? But, the experience of doing it together and working hard along with our sweet babes on our hips was so much fun and a great memory!

Dylan and Sarah became instant boyfriend and girlfriend! We even had their wedding plans worked out! But......now that they have a mind of their own.....they are negative on that! We will see......as soon as Dylan hits puberty....he may change his mind!

In 1997 Travis and Molly wanted to move back to Pasco, Wa. I was so sad! They found a job in Richland, and packed up and moved, even before selling their condo. Luckily, we sold their condo in several months!

Shane had graduated in 1998. He was offered a job to work for Farm Credit Services in Spokane! I was excited that we would be only 2 hours away from Molly! A year and a half later, we were offered a job in Pasco! Miracles never cease! We would of never thought that we would live outside of Utah! We moved to Pasco were Molly was! No more long distance phone calls!

WE had instant friends while moving to a new territory! Molly and Travis made us feel at home! They helped in so many ways! I remember calling her several times to give me directions! Molly even had a babysitting job set up for me when I moved here! She is amazing!

Luckily, we have had babies around the same time, we could moan and groan together! Except, Molly doesn't complain! We have spent many nights playing cards and games! Camping and BBQ together! We have had great birthday celebrations and holidays! The Harkers have always included us any Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! Thank you! She even included me in her BUNCO group!

Most importantly, Molly is always there for me! In time of need, she has fixed me many meals, cleaned my house, listened to me complain, cry or laugh! She is my FRIEND!!!! I prayed for her, and look what I got!

CHEERS!

To another year of fun, dice rollin', card playin', phone chattin', primary idea swappin', kid complain', treadmill crazed walkin', FRIENDSHIP!!!!




12 comments:

Shayla said...

Wow, what a great tribute to a great friendship! Happy Birthday Molly!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Molly! You inspire me at the gym with your dedication! You look great!!! Have a great year.

meohmyers said...

I never knew how the two of you became friends! What a special bond you guys have. What a blessing for you the way your paths crossed and kept crossing! That's a great story.

Happy Birthday, Molly! You are the SWEETEST gal I know.

Jan said...

I love this Kristen. Happy Birthday Molly Dolly...You are so lucky to have such a wonderful person being your friend. I am so glad to know the relationship between the two of you.. It is so solid.

Molly and Marilyn were my 2 babysitters when the boys were little. I was not an active member when Molly was a babysitter, but her example was so powerful at even a young age, that she seriously had a part in my returning to the gospel. I adore her very much.

::lindsay said...

I loved reading the story of your guys' friendship. You guys truly have a special relationship.

Happy Birthday Molly!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Happy Birthday Molly. I think that's another answer to prayers that you are again so close to each other. I have always admired the realtionship you two have, you are both extremely lucky, no "blessed."

Heather said...

Good friends are amazing! Molly is no exception.

Amy J. said...

Happy Birthday Molly! Maybe I'll have to share some pics of your "younger" years!

ashley said...

Hi Kristen! I was so happy to come across your blog! Your kids have gotten so big since I have seen them all last, I remember when they were just babies! How are you!?

ashley said...

Hi Kristen! I was so happy to come across your blog! Your kids have gotten so big since I have seen them all last, I remember when they were just babies! How are you!?

polka dots said...

So fun to have a dear friend!

Ms. Kristen said...

Well, Ms. Kris, thank you! When you told me you were blogging something about me, I told you not to exaggerate the truth..."Don't make it sound too good." Do you remember? I'm not all that and a bag of chips. Thanks for my loving me for who I am! So maybe someday I'll begin a blog and if I do, you'll be the first person I write about. I'm more blessed by our friendship. You are my therapist, guidance counselor, my "ask a nurse" (a Utah thing), shoulder to cry on, etc, etc. Thanks for putting up with me! I appreciate your kind, loving remarks! Right back at ya, sister! Just remember..."Friendship, Friendship, just the perfect blendship..." And thanks to everyone for your sweet comments! I needed that! :)



~Molly