Monday, November 3, 2008

November...Thankful Month

This is the job I love the most
I have been posting tons about preschool. I always say how I love my job so much! But....I don't love it as much as my job as a "mother". I was blessed with wonderful children. The Lord knew I would be busy serving. So he sent me obedient children. I am thankful everyday that I was able to have three children. Unfortunately, I physically can not have children anymore. I always wanted to have ten children! But, my mind and body are weak....in which I am unable to carry a child. I still have those pangs of childbearing. I loved feeling the baby move inside. I love the smell of a newborn. I love the tender quiet moments mother/baby have alone. I love the miracle of birth. Sometimes I feel so sad. But, then I go back and feel how grateful it is to have three healthy children. So, I focus on them. Focus on the different beauty of each child. My children are all so unique. I am always reminding them of the talents they have been given.
Dylan...my tender leader.
(Dylan didn't really dress up this year)
Hunter....my strong willed child.
(He dressed up as two things this year, Indiana Jones and Hunter person)

Katlyn....my easy going, happy child.
(Katlyn dressed up as a "Pink Lady" from Grease)
We had a fun busy Halloween. Both 9th and 3rd ward primary (Molly) put on a Halloween party. We decorated the gym, Trunk or Treat in the parking lot, Halloween stories and costume parade and doughnuts and cider at the end. It was fun! Lots of people and tons of extra doughnuts! The missionaries wore huge boxes that were painted like scriptures. They did a little jig while the primary children sang "Scripture Power"! Very fun!
Another year, another memory!
What are you thankful for?



7 comments:

Kris said...

Cute and creative costumes for your kids. Your Halloween Party at the church sounds like so much fun. I bet the kids had a blast. I don't know how you and Molly be Pre-School teachers and Primary Presidents. You guys are amazing and I'm impressed!

Amy said...

Great costumes! (Dylan's is my favorite) The Halloween party was great! Combining the 2 wards was such a great idea!

Jan said...

Great job guys. You are a great mother.

Kristin said...

3rd ward has a great legacy for putting a fantastic party, especially Halloween! I remember it being like an all-night carnival, dance, maze, game, food and candy-fest growing up. And the Harkers were always part of putting it on, so I'm sure Molly was ideal to be in charge this year. I don't know 9th ward, but I'm sure they were great too. And you know, you do have great kids! I hope they know they have a wonderful mother too!

Nola said...

I love Katie's cosutme. Where did you get that jacket? You are one busy mother. Preschool teacher, primary pres....I'm out of breath just thinking about all the things you accomplish. You're amazing.

Amy J. said...

Fun! Cute costumes. I love the Indiana/Hunter guy...I think he may be on to something there. :) You are so fun Kristen...glad to call you my friend.

Deborama said...

I love that pink jacket! Your kids are cute, Avery tells me about them sometimes! :) She slept right through preschool this morning? Must be growing? hopefully not sick! :)