Thursday, December 13, 2007

What is Happenin' at Da Hatches.....12 das before Christmas!






This is Dylan and Katlyn at their Hoilday Piano Recital with their great piano teacher Andrea. She has been teaching Dylan since he was eight. We are proud of both of them for doing so well! This was Katlyns' first piano recital. As we were driving to the recital, I asked the kids who was nervous? Ofcourse, Dylan was on the verge of throwing up! Katlyn said, "I'm not nervous!, Dylan, relax!!!!" She is so much like my little sister! So easy going! She played great too! Memorized and not a single mistake! I am glad one of my children does not have anxiety like me! I won't speak for Shane! Dylan was the best student! There were at least 15 students! He did awesome! He has a talent and we are making him continue to take lessons! I used to have to bribe him with presents....not anymore.....he finally gets his satisfaction from just knowing how to play! He will be able to play on his mission, for his girlfriends, and just to use as great therapy!
Here are the puppies! They are a month old this week! So cute! We visit them once a week! Sometimes more, if I give into my children! (Secretly, I love to go see them too!) You have to love the Gold one! We are taking home the female black one, the day after Christmas. We will name her Skylee. I hope Bear can tolerate her! We will see how long it will take us to potty train her! My husband reminded me that I will have twice the hair to vaccum up! Yuck! Oh, well.....that is why I have a Dyson! If you want a puppy for Christmas....let me know!

6 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh, the puppies are sooo cute! We just got our cocker spayed this week, she's six months old. Lots of work, but I think we got the potty training down. :-) You gotta love doggy doors! I remember those nerve-wracking piano recitals, I'm always amazed when you hear about someone NOT being all anxious about them.

Heather said...

Dylan did so great last night. He really does have a great talent.

Jeremy played until High School and I think he regrets letting it go...

tharker said...

I agree, Dylan did a great job last night. Good for him for sticking with it. I was cracking up at Katlyn telling him to relax. She is so laid back, I love it!

Those are some cute puppies. Enjoy Skylee!

dandee said...

I love that Dylan plays the piano! A talent he will enjoy the rest of his life.

How was Kaitlin NOT nervous? I need to take lessons from that girl!

Ms. Kristen said...

Danyelle...Katlyn is so like my sister....it totally comes with the genetic thing! Some people get nervous and some don't! She is blessed with that! Shane thinks she is just clueless....we will see with time!

Jessica said...

Shayla started piano this year, and she is loving it! I think it is such an amazing talent to have. As she is learning I am trying to keep up with her. We will see how long it takes for her to pass me up!!