Monday, December 10, 2007

Stop the Hoilday Havoc.....Take time to Reflect!!!!

My Mother
I have been thinking about my mother alot latley! Maybe it is because I have had alot on my plate! She was always doing a million projects, working and having busy calling! (She still is!) Thank you, mother, for all the clothes you folded, all the floors you cleaned, all the tender mommy talks we had, all the food you fixed, all the dresses you made me, all the places you drove me to, all the dance steps you taught me, most of all....how you taught me to work hard! "A job worth doing.....is a job well done!' She always says! I always wondered how she did it all while raising children. Now, that I am a mother....I apprieciate her and all the mothers before her. Thanks Mom!!

Now that I am a mother, somedays I am on my feet from 7a.m. to 9p.m.! I think.....if mom can do it...I can do it, I think I can, I think I can!!!!! It is alot of work! Then I think of the pioneer women making their food and clothing by hand! They had no conviniences! Always working! So, then I think of poligamy....yes.....I would almost like that! I would love to have another women in the house sharing the load. But.......I WOULD NOT SHARE MY HUSBAND! So...maybe a maid? Anyway, Cheers to all the women out there who work hard each day! Raising children, cleaning houses, busy church callings, school volunenterring,......oh, yeah,.......the most important thing.....being a wife! I am constantly reminded by" Dr. Laura " to put him first! So......when do I have time for me! These are my latest releases: I BLOG!!!! This is my new passtime! So....all you bloggers out there! Cheers to you! I love to watch movies, go out with my husband and chat on the phone with my best bud, Ms. Molly! Hang in there, mothers !!!!
My 3 Sweeties
This is what makes the long hours worth it all! This picture is one of my favorites! I love to see my children running and laughing and playing! They are all so unique. Heavenly Father has sent me strong spirits! I feel very blessed to have them. I always wanted to have more....but my physical body does not allow me anymore! I am o.k. with that! I have been blessed! I have the ability to teach and care for others children!

Have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy each fun moment with your family! They grow up too fast!

2 comments:

tharker said...

Great reflections Kristen! Your mom must have been amazing because she raised you to be one amazing woman. You are such a great mom, and I'm constantly amazed at how you handle it all. Family, very busy church callings, running a very busy and successful preschool. Cheers to YOU!

Marilyn said...

Kristen, I just love your cheery disposition. You ALWAYS make me smile.