Sunday, July 13, 2008

My list of fav ......Musicals!!!

We met my inlaws in Mt. Home Id. to let them take Dylan home with them to Scipio UT.! He will be helping on the ranch for a couple weeks! We want him to do this, but it is hard to have him go! I will miss him! He is such an important part of our family! I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder! He will gain a few muscles while working hard with The Hatch Men!
As for now, I need to think of something that will occupy my mind for two weeks until I can see my boy!
This is what is on my mind lately......
I grew up with a mother that danced, taught dancing and choregraphed many musicals and road shows back in the day! When I was too young to dance, I was the little girl in the corner pushing the stop and go button on the tape recorder. I loved to watch my mother create the dances before the practices and then teach 30+ youth to dance! It was amazing! I foundly remember Music Man, Okalahoma, and Annie Get Your Gun as the Stake Musicals I was involved in! My mother would rent the video and rewind and fast forward until she figured out how to choregraph that paticular number! It is a found memory of mine! I love musicals! I loved watching my mother and her talent that she was given! Roger and Hamerstien will never be replaced.....but the new upcoming musicals are fun and just enjoyable to see! Grease is my all time favorite! I love the new "Ballywood"! I have had this thing about India! I think it is protrayed as a very exotic country that we haven't learned too much about! One Ballywood film is "Bride and Predujice" a quirky musical that has been out for a couple years. I love it! So cute! If you like musicals....rent it! Then last week on SYTYCD, they had an indian choreographer! Katie and Josh danced so perfect to that style of dance!
Take time to remember these great musicals.....click on the youtube choices!

MUSIC MAN


OKALAHOMA!
object width="425" height="344">

BRIGADOON


ANNIE GET YOUR GUN


GREASE


BRIDE AND PREDUJICE


NEW BOLLYWOOD Dancing......love it!


MAMA MIA....can't wait to see it!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Grease has always been one of my favs! Great picks!

tharker said...

I love musicals too. Here's a list of some of my favorites in no particular order:

Oklahoma
State Fair
Brigadoon
The King and I
My Fair Lady
The Music Man
Grease

I can't think of anymore right now, but pretty much anything Rodgers and Hamerstein. My kids LOVE Oklahoma and State Fair.

Kate said...

I grew up on all musicals and black and white movies. I dont recall watching much tv, just musicals! I try to put them on with Gabe in the room now, and he wont have it :)
Thanks for bringing back some great memories. My favorite? The song "What Lola wants" from Darn Yankees. I am also a sucker for any Fred Astair movie.

Jan said...

I like musicals too. I love the old ones. Your list was so long it hardly would load on my google reader. You will probably be listed there forever.

Heather said...

I haven't seen any of the old ones, just Grease & Bride & Prejudice. But I can't wait for Mamma Mia- call me when you go.

Deborama said...

I love the bachelorette! I love that bride and predudice movie, I watched it when it first came out and was embarrassed that I liked it so much! :) My favorite part was when they said "here is when the boys see the girls and the girls see the boys". We should do that at a stake dance! :) Love the dancing. And I can never get sick of Greace! Fun stuff, thanks

Amy J. said...

I have never heard of Bride and Prej. I will have to see it!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love showtunes. I sing them loud and proud around the house. I break out into song at the most unexpected times. My kids are used to it but when friends are over I get some strange looks.
I enjoy Fiddler on the Roof.

ashley said...

I am a musical lover as well! Grease is one of my favorites too, and I can't wait for the new movie Mama Mia to come out, They have a great cast for it. And thanks for all of the links! What amazing talent