Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What is happenin'?

I am so excited for my sister'n'law to have finished her book! She has written a true story about her struggle with anorexia when she was a teenager. It is an amazing book and an amazing recovery! I saw her at her worst and now I see her flourishing in her adulthood! See her blog:

http://freemanfun-haley.blogspot.com/

We are headed here ~FISHLAKE~
First of all,I can't wait to see Dylan! Looking forward to the Scipio rodeo and 24th parade!
Then..... We will stay in our family cabin for several days and enjoy each other! Daily sched.....Fishing,eating and playing games, maybe sleeping? This is my parents' family cabin, but will be taking Shanes' family to stay!
When I was a kid, I remember....
*fishing off the pier for "chubs"
*kick the can at night
*lots of games
*building a fort in the forest
*hikes with my grandma Rose
*my uncle telling us bedtime stories about "Stuttering Charlie" the lake monster
*Love the quaking aspens!
*Chipmunks and deer



Here is the skirt that Katlyn and I made! She picked out the material and the pattern! We decided to make it a swimsuit cover up! Cute....for her first skirt! It is good to put the sewing machine away though! It was all too consuming! But, I am glad she had the desire to want to sew! I really don't like to! My mother is a wonderful seamstress whom in turn learned from her mother, whom in turn learned from her mother! Unfortunately,I didn't receive the desire to sew gene?!!!! Oh, well! At least I can do the basics! Maybe Katlyn was blessed with that! I am thinking of sewing classes for her!

Happy summer to you all! See you soon! Back to the swim lessons!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Awesome fun at fishlake. So exciting.

I am so proud of your daughter. what a great way to introduce her to sewing. I had planned on doing classes at the Jeanines by the TRAC. I called a friend and she is going to give Mattie lessons starting in January. It's a ways a way, but maybe you could bring your daughter over for beginning sewing. She might be super advanced by then though :)

Kris said...

I'm so glad that we saw each other last night. I'm glad you wanted to be invited to my blog! I just sent you an invite this afternoon. Hopefully I remembered your email correctly.

Looks like it will be a great time at your cabin. I haven't played Kick the can in YEARS. I bet my kids would love it, especially if I could remember the rules. Haha! The skirt you and your daughter made is adorable. How neat to do projects with her. Looks like a fun stage for her.

tharker said...

I hope you all have a great trip!

tharker said...

I couldn't get the picture of Katlyn's skirt to load up before so I thought I'd check back and I'm glad I did! It turned out so cute! Great, great job Miss Katlyn!!!!

Amy J. said...

Wow! I am impressed. I too had the sewing gene skip me. No interest here either, besides the basics. I love the skirt and the awesome insert you put into her swimming suit! Have fun on your trip!

Deborama said...

I love it, I want one! :) I NEED a sewing machine, what mormon woman doesn't have one, how embarrassing! :) Have a fun trip!