Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Good and the Bad!

My little sister, Laura, is having her first baby! She was 11 when I was born. So, it is exciting to see my sister go through this wonderful phase of her life. She is having a boy! His name will be Harrison! Cute! So, in Jan. I will have to take a flight to see her and her new little one!
I am proud of her! She is working full time and enjoying all the "firsts" of pregnancy! She called me today saying that she cut all her hair off and donated it to "Locks of Love". Why do pregnant women make drastic decisions? Like cutting hair?


This is my oldest brother,John, and his youngest son.Peter. He is 22 months old and Nola(mom)took him to his well-baby check up and the doctor noticed that his liver was enlarged. They took catscan/ultrasounds immediately to determine what it was. This past Monday, he had a biopsy to determine if it is cancerous.....this is what Nola wrote in her latest email..."It's a lot higher up in the direction of the armpit and then down beneath his rib cage. He bled more then they thought he would so he had to get a unit of blood during recovery. We should know the results of the biopsy by Monday, but the doctor is pretty sure that it is hepatoblastoma which is cancerous. Either way, he needs chemotherapy to shrink the tumor. Then they will remove it."

Please keep this little guy in your prayers! This is when I wish I lived closer to help. My mom and Dad are still on their mission in L.A. Dad was able to be at the L.A. hospital with John, Nola and Peter. Mom was able to go back to Johns' older kids to help start the new school year. Thank goodness for mom and dad and that they are serving a mission so close.
Just getting ready for open-house for Preschool and cleaning drawers out for new school clothes!
Excited for the fair and rodeo! Yeehaa!

7 comments:

Deborama said...

that ultrasound is awesome, I love those kind. Im so sorry about the cancer. We will be thinking of him and his family! And Avery is getting very excited about preschool, although she was upset when she realized she wouldn't be riding the bus like Jocelyn. :)

tharker said...

The ultrasound picture is so amazing. It's crazy to me how clear those things can be now! Congrats to your sister!

That poor little guy. I'll be thinking of him also.

Terilyn said...

You are so great! You're always thinking of others and talking great about them! You're my hero! I'll be praying for your nephew.
Have fun getting ready for preschool. Is Stacy going to help you this year or are you going solo?
I need to get updated!

Kris said...

Wow, so exciting for your sister to have a little baby. Being an aunt is so much fun. Good luck to your brother's family. That is so scary. Keep us updated.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I am so sorry to hear that Kristen. My prayers are with them.

Can you believe our children had that awesome opportunity today. I am so grateful for that, they'll never forget it.
Tell Dillan he did awesome.

Amy J. said...

Please keep us updated as soon as you hear anything. I always get a nervous, yucky, de ja' vou feeling in my tummy when people are going through times like this.

Jan said...

Love the picture. Wow.

I hate the word cancer. I am so sorry about the news. Thoughts to him Kristen.