Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peter, Prayer and Patience

My brother, John, Nola, Meagan, Andrew, Peter, Addie
My Nephew, Peter! Cute, huh! He is pointing at a lizard!

I am a stress case! The cancer of Peters' liver has been determined at a level 3! It is very vascular and has grown inside half of his liver. They are not seeing any other cancer in his body. Which, is good.
Here is part of Nola's email address...."We're taking him to the doctor's tomorrow to find out about the chemo therapy schedule and to give our consent then he'll be admitted and have a couple of tests. Then on Friday he'll start chemo and we'll be there for 4 to 5 days. We don't know what to expect from the chemo. But having to plan on being there for 4 to 5 days makes me a little nervous. I'm praying that he'll be able to tolerate it and be able to come home sooner than that. He does so much better at home. But we'll do what ever is best for him and what the doctors say needs to be done."
My sister 'n' law is so strong. She always has been. When she was fourteen her mother left her and her dad and two small brothers. Because of that trial in her life, she has always been able to adapt to hard situaions. When her mom left....she took over the mother role. She took her brothers to church and helped them feel loved. Her two younger brothers are returned missionaries and married in the temple now. It is because of her.
Now, she has to be strong with this horrible disease that has attacked her sweet sons' body. I pray for her and my brother. I have experienced two of my children come out of minor surgery, and how miserable they are. My kids were screaming and crying....not really sure what is going on. I can't imagine what my sweet nephew has to go through! I hope he can endure and fight through this!

More of Nola's email...."Cancer is so scary. It has a lot of unknowns. Yet I find myself comforted and at peace with this trial which helps me to comfort and help Peter. I know that it will all turn out the way it needs to. So we are faithful and humbled. We are grateful even more than ever for the gospel, for being sealed in the temple as a family and for our testimonies in our Savior's attonement. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our struggles and challenges. And some how that brings me comfort and helps me get through this."
She is amazing.....every time I read it....I cry! I hope and pray he recovers!

Pray for Peter Hallen.

11 comments:

meohmyers said...

What a cute little nephew you have! Sounds like he has an amazing mother. How stressful! They'll be in my prayers.

Kris said...

This just makes me sad. I can't imagine going through this with a child. Your SIL sounds like she's strong and has a lot of faith. Good luck and keep us posted.

Amy J. said...

Thanks for the update! Kids are troopers...I was forever amazed at all the children at the Ronald McDonald House. They were so strong! Anderson had very little side effects to Chemo that I can remember. Let's pray Peter will respond just as the doctors hope with very little discomfort to him!

Ms. Kristen said...

To a mother that has been through this......Thanks Amy! I needed to hear that postive thinking!

Jan said...

I am so glad you have Amy J. That was awesome. I am so sorry for this young family. I know that there is such major progress in treatments. Glad that he has a great strong mother. He will pull through this [huggies kristen]

Heather said...

patience is the hardest part. do you need some help with anything ms. basketcase??

tharker said...

I was just thinking how great a resource Amy would be. If ever there was a positive story to look to, it would be Anderson's.

Your little nephew is just adorable. His mother sounds amazing. I hope that she is able to continue feeling at peace with this very difficult trial.

Deborama said...

That is so scary, its amazing what we can handle. Sitting here thinking I don't think I could handle it!

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

My mom has been keeping me posted on your nephew. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and their family.

AOlson said...

What an adorable little boy. I've never had to expereince anything like this so I can't imagine the mothers' feelings. We will pray for them.

PRP said...

We will be sending our well wishes your way!