Monday, March 31, 2008

Creature of Habit!


Cute butterfly!

Coffee Filter Butterflies!

Pinewood Derby! Go Pasco 9th Ward!!

Cutie!

Easter Hunting at Preschool.....Bunny jugs!

My Three Kiddies!

Hunter....hunting for eggs!

Katlyn....Easter Egg Hunt!

Happy St. Patricks Day....Finding Gold!!!
Okay,okay...the busy life that I lead....has abandonded my beloved blog! The only thing that I have been able to post is my take of American Idol! So....today I am making time to post!
I have a theme in my head....We are all creatures of habit! We all have a hard time stirring away from the same ol same old!
*I have been watching these Butterflies that hatched over the weekend, they rest in the same spot, drink the same thing, do the same process of life.....
*Children are the same way.....they love routine....if you stray from it....they freak out! If I change my cirruculmn, my preschool kids have a hard time! Yesterday, I did not make a dessert after dinner! We always have a dessert on Sunday, but we didn't! I had "Great to be Eight" meeting to go to....NO DESSERT!! They were all sooooo hungry! Whaaa! Creature of Habit!
*Primary.....the Stake asked the leaders not to leave early from sacrement meeting! So we have asked the junior primary to line up out in the hallway! We have done it twice! My sweet kids don't like change! I don't blame them! It is way too crowded! I am going to sneak out because I have to go potty.....no one can stop me! I want these children to feel comfortable and safe and .......they want ROUTINE!!! I think we may have a solution....the ward previous tidies up the chairs! So, I am going to let them sit down instead of waiting in the hallway!

Classroom Butterflies!

9 comments:

::lindsay said...

It's good to see you are back and well! I love seeing the pictures of your kids. It always shocks me to see how old they are getting. I still feel like they should be the sweet little kids they were when we were in the ward together.

I'm a creature of habit too, just like your kids in primary and preschool! It never changes!

Heather said...

The first week they did great, yesterday.... not so much. It did seem totally chaotic yesterday, but who doesn't hate a routine change?

tharker said...

The great thing about kids though is that they are totally resilient. They may fight change at first, but they always come around. I think it is great that the other ward is willing to help out by getting the chairs ready for you. I can see the wisdom in the stake's wishes, even if it might be tough for the kiddos at first. I think if you keep doing it, that Heavenly Father will bless you with what you need to make it work. Just my opinion though ;)

I am sure that whatever you do, you will have the best interests of the kids in mind.

You are a wonderful Primary president Kristen. I just love you!

Jan said...

You have an incredible gift of being a leader for children. I love how you understand their needs. That is why Mr. Rogers was so successful. He was a man with a routine always. The kids loved that. I know you will do the right thing and make it work well. Your an absolute dream for mothers. Because they feel safe with leaving their kids in your hands. Neat butterflies too.

Alicia Leppert said...

It's so true. I hate change. Kids like routine. Love the new butterfly background!

Kate said...

I love the pictures! It is so true about change. If bedtimes get switched up a bit it seems to take them a day or two to get back in the routine again. Great post!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love your pictures. I have heard so many wonderful things about you serving in your calling and as a preschool teacher.
Our family is way in the opposite direction of creatures of habit, we look for things to change. Weird I know. Brent always says, No problem as long as you don't want to change me.

Shayla said...

I'm with you, change is tough. My hubby likes change, so we have a little of both around here. Variety is good, right?

PRP said...

Cute pictures, and thanks for the one of Hannah! She loves you so much. She keep saying that she'll only go to kindergarten if you come with her!