Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just think positive thoughts.....positive thoughts......

I have had a crappy couple of days! I wish I could go into detail....but it involves my business! Can't mix business with pleasure! Yeah, I know the day before, I posted a fabulous feel good rendition of my feelings for preschool! I still feel that way! I spoke to early...the next day it happened!!! What hurts the most is when I know I work my "big" butt off, and someone isn't pleased????!!! (A person would think I would be skinny, the amount of time I am on my feet?) I just think...."I can't please everyone"!!! "I am not a people pleaser......Positive thoughts, only!!!! I don't want to be a people pleaser...I am a great person....I Think I can, I think I can!!!!"
So....the only thing I do is switch my thinking.......the first positive thing that comes to my mind was this movie my husband and I saw on Sat. night after dinner!
JUNO!!!!
My new favorite movie! I loved every minute of it! In the begining, I thought....not a good movie! I leaned over to Shane and asked him what rating it is? I was a little concerned! But..as it continued, I feel in love with the main actress! I don't even know her name? She is excellant and witty! She kinda reminded me of the next SNL star?! And ofcourse, my teenage heart throb, Jason Bateman! Jennifer Garner was fabulous also! It is a must see! It is about adoption and love! Made me want to go an adopt! Seriously! (Alicia: You need to see this and give your play by play in Alicia detail!)
So...I am needing to go see "P.S. I love you!" I need another good cry!
Looking forward to the weekend!
A favorite 1940's song of mine:
You gotta......Accenuate the Positive,
Eliminate the Negative,
Latch on to the affirmative,
Don't mix with Mr. Inbetween!
To Illustrate, the last remark....Jonah in the Whale, Noah and the Ark
What did they do?
Just when everything went so wrong?
Accenuate the Positive!!!!!!
Sing it with me!!!!!

16 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Kristen I have to tell ya no matter what happened, it is not your fault! You do everything a parent can ask for and so much more... Just know that as long as we live in the area you get my kiddos exclusively (until kindergarten). I'll bet you’re just so thrilled! Now you really need that cry right? :) Seriously though if ever you doubt your abilities feel free to give me a call and I will be happy to give you play by play of all the wonderful things I have seen and heard personally and via Kippi. What better source can you ask for then one of your own kids? Keep your head up and your thoughts positive. Your amazing!

dandee said...

Oh, I want to see Juno so badly!

Also, you are one of the world's most lovely, sincere, real women. I love that about you.

With all that positive thinking, your week is bound to get better!

Shayla said...

Kristen, sorry to hear you had a crappy day. I love your positive attitude, though. I can always use a bigger dose of that. I hope the rest of your week goes better. :-)

tharker said...

I'm sorry that you've had a bad couple of days Kristen. You are such a hard worker and it never feels good to have someone make you feel like it's not good enough. I'm so sorry.

I didn't know that Juno was about adoption. That does change my thoughts on it a bit. The previews that I saw made it look like it was gloriifying Teen Pregnancy a bit. But now I think I'll have to add it to the list of movies that I want to see.

Ms. Kristen said...

I love having my feeling VALIDATED! That is what I love about this blog thing! Women chatting!!!! Thanks everyone!

Heather said...

I haven't even heard about this movie... I'm intrigued.

meohmyers said...

Ms. Kristen, YOU ARE A FANTASTIC TEACHER!!! You are amazing with your children and I have learned so much from you. You are running a fabulous preschool and you need to not be so hard on yourself. This is a UNIQUE exception and need to remember that it has NOTHING to do with YOU or your PROGRAM!! Please keep your chin up and realize how much you are adored and admired by everyone who knows you.

Alicia Leppert said...

First of all, Kristen, you ROCK and I totally agree with Kim. One incident should in no way affect your confidence in yourself (this is coming from the girl who curls in a ball and sobs if someone says something negative about her). Seriously, though, you are amazing.

Secondly, I am SO GLAD to have heard from someone who's seen this movie!! I have read all the rave reviews, but was also kind of leery of the teen pregnancy thing (although I knew I would see it eventually) but now I'm just excited. I am going to see it very soon and you can count on a review from The Queen.

Thirdly, we are going to see P.S. I Love You sometime next week, girls' night out, we will call you. I am notifying anyone who expresses interest in seeing this.

Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

O.k. I don't usually post a comment. But when I saw this post I had to post. You made me cry. I hope you know how much Kamden loves you. I have not talked to anyone from preschool that doesn't love bring their kids to your house. We are so glad you decided to do a preschool and have loved having Kamden there. I always try not to let what people say affect me but it never fails. Things people say still hurt. Once it has been said it is hard to take it back. I am the biggest loser when it comes to saying something and then totally regreating it. Some of us speak before we think and then think and regret it later. Anyway hopefully you know how much you are loved by all your preschoolers. I o.k. I did reread hopefully this makes sense.

Marilyn said...

Kristen, you are right. You can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. It's impossible. You do the best you can and be happy.

I hear wonderful wonderful things about your pre-school, so hang in there. You are awesome!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Hey Kristen, That stinks that sometimes we have to be on the recieving end of someone else's bad day. You are the best, and I know that many, many people feel that way. In a few days your heart will be a little ligher- I love that about life.

Jessica said...

Since we have talked, you know how much Tia loves coming to pre-school. And I now KNOW FOR A FACT that it really had/has nothing to do with you. Politics I tell you........LOL!

Ms. Kristen said...

You all validated my feelings! Thank you! I needed to hear that! I am feeling a lot better now! I have 43 happy students and I love what I do! I am looking forward for this upcoming week of letter "u"....Under the sea!!!!

What would I do without my blogger friends!

Jan said...

Kristen, You Rock! How's that for validation girlfriend.

Kristin said...

I haven't seen Juno, but I can totally relate to your frustrations with pre-school! Sometimes, I wonder if they're getting anything at all out of my lessons, but then I'll notice a light go on in their eyes that tells me something is clicking! Those small rewards are what carry great value, and in the end, it's why I keep teaching! You're great at what you do! We all have ups and downs. Hang in there! It'll be up soon!

AOlson said...

I think you are an amazing woman!! Just bumps in the road. Take what you learned from this trial and press forward better than ever. Just know there are lots of people who love you and stand behind you.