Monday, January 14, 2008

Things on my mind lately......

New Challenge......Dylans' finally acting like a pre-teen!

(For those of you who are queasy at the sight of this deer....just imagine it on your back lawn! Sorry!)

Just recently, I have noticed two things about Dylan....

1.Girls are noticing him!!!!

I thought I was seeing things...but there are possible infaxuations happening with my sweet little first born!

2. He is talking back!


Yes, my sweet Dylan has a little naughtiness in him! Which, I am glad..he can't be perfect! I want him to be a little fystie!!! He has always been so good! But, he needs to be sweet to his family members! The Top Ten Things
that keep me Lovin' this job!

Lately I have been soooo busy with new year primary stuff...I needed a little time to reflect on the things that get me out of bed in the morning!

This is in no particular order!

1. I love it when the kids call me "Ms. Kissten" (some can't pronounce their "r's"!)
2. I love it when the kids tell me, "I wuv you, Ms. Kissten!"
3. I love it when they are so quiet during story time! (That means they are really listening!)
4. I love it when they are actually smiling and singing with all their might!
5. I love it when they remember things that I have taught them!
6. I love it when a child finally understands something! Yeah!
7. I love it when a child remembers to be a friend to someone in need.
8. I love it when a child picks up after himself/herself without being told. (Yes, miracles do exist!)
9. I love it when a child cuddles up with a good book, color or cut with such strong endeavors! (i.e. tongue hanging out of the mouth!)
10. I love it when a child dances, yells, runs, laughs...doing it like know one cares!!!
Childhood.......it never ends!!!! I love my job!

8 comments:

Heather said...

How fun, you would love Kaden. He's always got his tongue hangin' out when he cuts!!

PRP said...

Um, deer, yuck....

You were made for this job! Hannah talks about you constantly and Sienna can't wait to go to "Ms. Kissten's school!"

tharker said...

You already know how stoked Jake is to come to the magic school where Sister Hatch turns into "Miss Kristen"!

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan...he is SUCH a great kid. Yeah...so maybe a couple of Beehives have brought up his name a time or two...what are you gonna do though? He's fantastic!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

Is it my imagination, or is that deer missing a few legs? Ew.

How awesome that you love your job so much. I don't think anyone should work with kids who doesn't love it that much.

Marilyn said...

It's always good to take stock of what you love. Great list.

Debie Spurgeon said...

It's obvious that you love the kids you teach, and that makes for a fantastic teacher.
And by the way, I'm pretty sure that girls started noticing Dylan A.....long.......time.......ago! But I still can't believe he's anything but an angel. I'm not into the deer thing, but I know it's a big deal (I've seen the brag board at Sportsman's) so tell him Congrats!!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Kristen you are really the Best. Kippi adores you like no other and that is saying something! I am so excited you are blogging I need more friends to chitty chat with.

Terilyn said...

OK - I love Dylan. He lets me tease him and he actually teases me back. He might think that I am part "wack job" but he never lets on! Yea! for pre-teens and teenagers.