Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ham Anyone?

Here is the play by play horrible experience I encountered on 9/11/02, you all wanted to hear about! Don't laugh! O.k., o.k., laugh....so does everyone else! Even our insurance lady did! I still have bad dreams! No! But, everytime I smell pig poop I tremble!!!!
I left a YW activity because I was feeling a little nauseous because of pregnancy.....
Imagine yourself on a cold fall dark night, driving the 25 mph limit next to Hog Harris' farm.... Boom.....out of no where was this!
Freakin' 900 pound pig!
Right in front of me!!! I slammed on my breaks and the pig fell over!!!!
Mud and pig yuck plastered the top of the van and my windshield!
I sat there thinking, should I get out of the car?
I was pregnant with Hunter....didn't want to be attacked by the thing!
Should I go tell Hog Harris I slammed his 900 pd. pig to the ground?
NO....I was so sacred the thing would run after me...eat my fetus!!!!!
I turned on my windshield wipers and tried to scrape off the layers of pig poop!
My van smelled like pig poop for a year!
I drove home thinking.....what is Shane gonna say?
I drove up to our home....opened the front door and yelled..."Honey, I hit a pig!!!"
He yelled back..."What? You hit a pig?"
Was this all a dream?
Well, we washed the van.....several times! Never was the same!
We called the insurance lady.....she couldn't believe it! You hit a what? No one has ever hit a pig!
Nothing special about the story....I just slammed this ghost pig! Outa no where....he was there????
Everytime I pass Hog Harris' farm I look at the little piglets saying under my breathe....I could've killed your MAMA!!!!
I don't know whatever happened to that hog of a pig??? Did she die or live?
The moral of the story....Don't leave YW early on Sept. 11th.......or you may incounter a beast!!!

10 comments:

dandee said...

I have never heard this story in it's entirety. SO insanely funny and unbelieveable!

Jessica said...

HA! That is the day I was giving birth to Tia! I guess it's a day we both will never forget!! LOL!

What a crazy story! Did you just back up and drive around it or what? And BTW you totally could have claimed it on harris hogs farm. We had a farmer out here that one of it's cows got out on the road, and not only did he have to pay the damage he got a HUGE ticket!!!

tharker said...

I am laughing so hard right now, I can barely type! I think my favorite line was "it will eat my fetus!" I'm sure this WAS not funny at the time to you, but man it makes for a GREAT story!!! And of course picturing Shane saying "You hit WHAT?" is pretty dang funny too ;)

Ms. Kristen said...

Tiffany,
I just put "eating my fetus" in for laughs!

Jessica,
I considered telling on Mr. Harris...the poor farmer....couldn't do it...he has enough problems to worry about it! Plus, I am married to a son of a rancher who always had there cows out too....sometimes cows get out....and no matter who well the fence is wired shut...those da-...animals find away out! So...I couldn't do it to him....

Marilyn said...

I remember hearing this story and somehow not being surprised...after all it was the Harris farm...

Although, it never tires of being one of the funniest stories ever!

meohmyers said...

This was a HILARIOUS story!! A freakin' 900 pound pig! That's too funny! I'm glad everything was okay and you're able to look back and get a laugh out of it now!

Heather said...

Ha. Ha. Thanks for sharing. I will be sure to drive very slowly around the farm.

S. Schuller said...

That is a crazy and hilarious story! I love your family picture too! What a great blog you have and I'm glad I finally found it!

hatch said...

Hi Hatches from the other Hatches. Are you serious?! You poor girl that is horrible, but so funny! I will be more careful next time I drive out that way.

Anonymous said...

wow that was so cool seeing you guys even in pic i love the pig



love Tressa